My thinking about local communities did not stop after that blogpost in August last year, which received some nice comments by the way.
What I noticed however, was that I could use some “locals” to think with me on the subject. Via the website of a local photo-club I traced a web-savvy potential “co-thinker”. After some email exchanges, we even ended up with a team of three! Next
Tuesday Wednesday is our first face-to-face meeting and I am really looking forward to it.
What we could (should?) discuss first:
- Who is who (introduction round; who’s good at what?)
- Mapping the local www-space (what’s there online?)
- Value of local resident participation on the local-www (use cases; what are people looking for?)
- Implications of local resident participation on the local-www?
- The local media-landscape (actually it’s about one good local newspaper!)
- Mission of the project (what do we want to achieve with getting locals online or online locals to the local web?)
- What potential tools would be available (who has experience with what; learning curves etc.)?
Actually, to me personally the difficulty of finding like-minded people for this project already highlights the value of connecting people here via local online tools.
Just thinking, that it may be worthwhile to create a series of blogpost about this venture…Add to del.icio.us
| posted Jan 14, 10:58 PM on Jan 14, 2008 | category: Local web / Web2.0